Are you thinking about having liposuction to get rid of those stubborn areas of fat? Liposuction is a great way to sculpt and tone the body, because it reduces unwanted fat deposits safely and effectively. However, one of the first questions you would probably like answered about the procedure is – How much does liposuction cost.
What areas does liposuction target?
Liposuction can be performed on almost any part of the body, but the most common areas are the abdomen, flanks, upper arms, and hips.
How much does liposuction cost?
The cost of liposuction varies significantly from patient to patient, because there are a variety of factors that impact the final cost. However, patients can expect to pay anywhere from $3,000 – $8,000 for liposuction.
The major factors that will affect the cost of liposuction include:
- Surgeon fees: A surgeon that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery will typically charge a higher rate for surgery.
- Type of liposuction: There are different types of liposuction including tumescent liposuction, and ultrasound-assisted liposuction. The method used will impact the cost.
- Surgical facility fees: Surgeons typically charge an hourly rate for the use of their surgical facility. So the longer the procedure, the higher the cost is likely to be.
- The size of the treatment area: Larger areas such as the upper and lower abdomen usually cost more, because of the extra time and effort required to perform surgery.
- Location of the practice: The cost of liposuction varies from region to region, and surgery is generally more expensive in metropolitan cities such as Los Angeles and New York.
Would you like to learn more about the cost of liposuction? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in The Woodlands or Houston, TX areas, Correa Plastic Surgery is our featured practice.
You can reach them at www.correaplasticsurgery.com, or by calling (281) 918-7719.